- Help your child organise a school Opal card or bus pass if travelling by public transport. Go to transport.nsw.gov.au/ssts or phone 131 500.
- Help your child plan their public transport route to school, if needed. Use the trip planner at transportnsw.info/trip.
- Plan and practise walking routes with your child. Discuss with your child what they will do before and after school, and when they need to be home.
- Talk about what to do when they’re running late, miss the bus or train, lose their travel pass, feel unsafe travelling to and from school, or it's wet weather.
- Discuss the dangers of being distracted when crossing the road or riding a bike – including talking on the phone, texting or using headphones.
Copyright for this website is owned by the State of New South Wales through the Department of Education. For more information go to http://www.dec.nsw.gov.au/footer/copyright.