A Greystanes High School our core values of respect and responsibility apply equally to all sports activities, for both participants and spectators.
Please read the code of conduct developed by the Sydney West School Sports Association and ensure you abide by this or you may be asked to leave the venue.
Parents' code of conduct
- Encourage your child to always play by the rules.
- If children are interested in sport, encourage them to participate. Refrain from forcing an unwilling child to participate.
- Remember that children participate in organised sports for their enjoyment and fulfilment, not yours.
- Teach your child that honest effort is as important as winning so that the result of each game is accepted without undue disappointment.
- Encourage your child to work towards skill improvement. Never ridicule your child for making a mistake or losing a competition.
- Always encourage the principle of good sportsmanship.
- Children learn best by example. Applaud good play by all individuals and all teams.
- Do not publicly question the officials' judgement and never their honesty.
- Appreciate the contribute and commitment of teacher in coaching positions. They give their time and resources to provide sporting activities for your child and deserve your support.
- Have realisitic expectations for your child and her or his team. Do not expect more than they can give.
- Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from sporting activities. Condemn the use of violence in any form.