Our career and transition advisors provide a service to students about options at school and career or work pathways after school.
- Career counselling including identification of skills, areas of work interest and requirements for those pathways
- Information about scholarships for university
- Advice on how to study
- Information about private colleges including courses, fees, applications, procedures and scholarships
- Information about obtaining traineeships and apprenticeships
- Information and assistance in establishing school based traineeships and apprenticeships (SBAT)
- Advice and counselling about subject selection for Year 10 students moving into 11 to align with possible work or education interests.
- Individual career planning interviews with all Year 12 students.
Events organised for students
- Careers day for Year 10 students, an opportunity to attend seminars of their choice run by industry professionals
- Western Sydney careers exhibition: Years 10, 11 and 12 have the opportunity to explore career and study options
- Year 11 study skills conference: each year our new Year 11 students attend a two day conference at the University of Western Sydney. Students hear from guest speakers and senior teachers about the essential skills required for success in the HSC (Higher School Certificate)
- Year 12 student mentoring program
- Seminars and speakers as part of the HSC Success program
- Year 10 boys program coordinated by the transition advisor
- Links to learning programs for girls and boys
- Focus leadership program for girls.
Relevant links and forms
- Applying for university and using the UAC guide – students can view and select courses offered at all NSW universities
- Applying for TAFE and using the TAFE website
- Referrals to group training companies for apprenticeships and traineeships
- Assist students in orgasnising work experience which is avaliable to all Year 10 students. To complete work experience a student placement form (PDF 942KB) must be completed and returned to the careers advisor
- For further information on any of these areas please contact the careers advisor or the transition advisor.